We would like to reintroduce Tesla, the 2013 edition of our robot. Through support from our main sponsor, Bell Labratory, and our many other donors, Middlesex High School has a Robotics Team named POWER CORD. Each January, we receive the current robot kit, and our dedicated team of students, parents, teachers, and volunteer engineers begin feverishly working to build a working, competitive robot. We have only six weeks to develop game strategy, design, build, and debug for the competitions. We’ve had many successful seasons:
- In 2002, we won the J&J Regional Scrimmage, were the champions at the St. Louis Regional competition, and placed 32nd out of 300+ robots at the National Competition in Florida.
- In 2003, Maximus placed 9th out of 73 teams in the Archimedes Division at the 2002 Nationals! Team Power Cord went with an astonishing 6 wins and only one loss in the seeding matches.
- In 2004, Maximus competed in the semi-finals at both Trenton and Sacramento, tied for 3rd among some very tough competitors. At both competitions, we received the Imagery Award. We also received a web site award.
- In 2005, Maximus was 2nd Place Finalist and won the Imagery Award at Pittsburgh. In Trenton, we were Quarter Finalist & Winner of the Spirit Award!
- In 2006, Maximus competed in the Trenton regional and the extremely competitive Nationals in Atlanta, Georgia.
- In 2007, MAC reached the quarterfinals in Annapolis. We placed 2nd in the New Brunswick Eruption and Montgomery Monty Madness competitions.
- In 2008, we represented Middlesex High at the Annapolis and Trenton regional events.
- In 2009, we represented Middlesex High at the Trenton and Pittsburgh regional events. We placed 6th at the Trenton regional and received the Spirit Award at Pittsburgh.
- In 2010, we represented Middlesex High at the Trenton and Pittsburgh regional events.
- In 2011, we represented Middlesex High at the Trenton and Connecticut regional events. We placed 9th overall in the Trenton regional.
- In 2012, we began our season at Hatboro-Horsham Regional Event and were recipients of the Creativity Award sponsored by Xerox. At the Rutgers’ Regional Event we placed 6th and were the recipient of the Industrial Design award Sponsored by General Motors. We competed in the Bridgewater Battle Royale and won the competition and were awarded the #1 Seed Award and were the Highest Scoring Alliance.